- 1 I have a friend who is... 20173人阅读
- 2 I go to the gym every day... 10431人阅读
- 3 settle for sth 8837人阅读
- 4 Money is no object. 8627人阅读
- 5 I don't buy it. 8256人阅读
- 6 What's the damage ? 6489人阅读
- 7 I was on the edge of my... 6431人阅读
- 8 You drive a hard bargain, but you've got a deal. 6393人阅读
- 9 Let's pull together; many hands make... 5867人阅读
- 10 That's the spirit. 5157人阅读
It's about time
It's about / high time that 主语 + 一般过去时(因为此为与现在事实相反的虚拟语气)
他上次跟我借五块去买老面馒头，结果今天Ted 终于把他欠我的五块还给我了，我就跟他说『该是时候了。』英语中地道的用语就是 It's about / high time. 如果后面要加 that 从句时，必须使用虚拟语气。
A: Hi Johnny, I think I can pay back the money I owe you.
B: It's about time you paid me back, Ted. After all, it's just a small amount of money.