- 1 I have a friend who is... 20172人阅读
- 2 I go to the gym every day... 10430人阅读
- 3 settle for sth 8837人阅读
- 4 Money is no object. 8627人阅读
- 5 I don't buy it. 8255人阅读
- 6 What's the damage ? 6489人阅读
- 7 I was on the edge of my... 6430人阅读
- 8 You drive a hard bargain, but you've got a deal. 6392人阅读
- 9 Let's pull together; many hands make... 5865人阅读
- 10 That's the spirit. 5157人阅读
It's over my head.
今天我跟Ted 说一个笑话，我问他，坏事什么要什么时候做，答案是中午，因为早晚都会有报应。结果他老兄听不太懂，这时母语人士会有一个很地道的用法， Something is over my head. 意思就是Something is too difficult or complicated for somebody to understand. 某件事太难了所以某人听不懂，好像那些话在他头上飘过去似的。
A: Hey Johnny, a lot of the jokes you told went right over my head.
B: Oh, it's because you don't have a great sense of humor.
*a great sense of humor 很好的幽默感