- 1 I have a friend who is... 21390人阅读
- 2 I go to the gym every day... 11323人阅读
- 3 settle for sth 10141人阅读
- 4 Money is no object. 9742人阅读
- 5 I don't buy it. 8914人阅读
- 6 You drive a hard bargain, but you've got a deal. 7172人阅读
- 7 I was on the edge of my... 7171人阅读
- 8 What's the damage ? 7150人阅读
- 9 Let's pull together; many hands make... 6573人阅读
- 10 That's the spirit. 6216人阅读
I was tossing and turning last night.
我们今天来学一个关于晚上睡不好的地道说法。中文有一个成语叫做『辗转反侧』，英文相对应的用法就是 be tossing and turning 注意此用法常用进行时的时态。toss 本来意思是『轻轻地抛或扔』譬如 He tossed the ball to Anna. = He tossed Anna the ball. 他把球抛给安纳。在此为不及物动词，表『摇摆，颠簸』。
A: Hey Ted. I need a decent night's sleep. I was tossing and turning last night.
B: Indeed. You look very tired today.
*a decent night's sleep 一夜象样的睡眠